Hello

9 May 2010

Sorry for lack of blog. Been being papa and husband and neighbour while managers deal with deals and I begin to plan the next while. Things of note which have happened.

1. The Boys Next Door ( the band made up of the boys next door- yes, they are literally the boys next door) did a gig for the amazing director Wolfgang Becker at his Dancing Into May party. He heard they were good and booked them. The show was superb. Everyone loved them. And they got their first pay cheque.

2. I went to the Berlin Philharmonie to see Motzart and Stravinski  a week ago. Was pretty good. They had a female conductor. Apparently there aren’t many.  The first violinist broke a string, handed the instrument to the player beside him, presumably the second violin, and then the guy behind her pulled some strings out and handed her a shiny new one which she promptly attatched and tuned, then handed the instrument back to the first violinist just in time for his bit. Who said classical music was boring? Not I!!!

3. Clay’s birthday was fantastic. He is now 4! Lots of cake, tons of presents. Playmobil was the order of the day. We danced to Michael Jackson and ate home made pizza.

4. Went to see Sharon Jones and The Dap Kings. They were very good. Very tight. Reminded me of the jazz/funk scene at the Glasgow Art School when I was there. James Taylor Quartet were doing Starski and Hutch and we were trying to understand the finer aspects of Blue Note.

5. I learned a song from w r e c o r d e r on piano. Oooooooohh! (lifts hands under chin)

6. Arranged my first support slot as a solo person. It will be me by myself for these shows. (Announcements to follow soon)

7. Cut the vinyl master of w r e c k o r d e r (corrected—must have missed the k). It sounds amazing.

26 Responses to “Hello”

1. Pat McKenna says:

fit in an Irish gig man!

2. Ida says:

Can’t believe your son is alreday 4 – happy birthday! Has it really been that long since The boy with no name?

3. Ana says:

Hey Fran!
    First of all, happy belated birthday to Clay and congrats to the proud parents! 😉 Secondly, well-done, boys next door!
    Btw, I believe once you open up to classical music there’s a whole new world to discover…
    Last, but not least, it’s great to have you writing here again, I was looking forward to your updates on Wreckorder’s status 🙂 So cool to learn it’s all on track, you definitely make it look promising and worth waiting for.

Keep the good news coming!!

P.S. I don’t know if you’ve been to TravisOnline lately, we’re having a problem called “Error_1!” It’s making it almost impossible for us to post without refreshing the page over and over again. The Web Team hasn’t replied so, if there’s anything you can do, it’ll be much appreciated 😉

4. rainbow says:

flan,I ‘M your chinese fans ,i ‘m in shanghai now ,do u know ?hehe..
    yes ,i like your song so much!but ,my english is poor..i don’t know how to express my feelings ..ok!that’s all .加油!!

5. julietravisaddict says:

JUST CAN’T WAIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good news! Merci

6. John Smith says:

Hey Fran, good to hear from you again, great to know that you’re enjoying living life! So is the album called Wrecorder without the k now? And you’re first solo gig is on the way, good news! I’d love it if it was you supporting Keane at the Roundhouse, as i’m going to that… 🙂 Exciting times are ahead for you!!!

My, my, you have been busy!! Glad to hear Clay had a lovely birthday. We are on the edge of our seats waiting for announcements – you know that though, don’t you? Just one little question – does your album title have a K in it or not????

8. three hours says:

“mozart”
    nicht “die kunst des motzens”
    hehe 🙂
    nice to hear from you again! can’t wait for wreckorder.

9. Kelly says:

Over the MOON about seeing you this summer…

10. Idit says:

Hey Fran,
    Saw the tour dated with Keane. Good for you! I’m sure it would be a great show.
    But wish you could come to Atlanta. Can’t wait to see you again.

11. tracy says:

Hey hey Franny! It’s been a long time! Sounds like you’ve been busy though! It’s great news about the boys next door, everyone gets their first big break and now they’d better fasten their seatbelts, sounds like they’re in for a crazy ride—-:)
    It seems so strange to me that you’d be a support act for someone else, not knowing how these things work though, i’m guessing that’s a good thing right? lol! I’ll watch avidly for the deets!
    I soooo can’t wait to buy w r e c k o r d e r!
    A belated Happy Birthday to Clay, good to hear he still loves Michael <3

Spoilers on the band’s website! That’s got to be the best combination ever. Didn’t they support Travis some while back?

13. Hugo says:

so is the album title wrecorder or wrecKorder?

14. Candy says:

Hiya Fran, nice to hear you will be supporting Keane in their upcoming US tour in July and August! Hope you come back to Peru soon, I wont jump on you again when seeing you, promise lol. Besos y abrazos.

15. Rammsfer says:

Supporting Keane, right? Good luck.

16. Jasmine says:

I’m getting really excited about Wreckorder. I cannot wait to listen to it. Do you think you’ll do shows in the U.S.?

Also, last fall when you were with Andy in Austin, you did this song about growing old with someone, and it was kind of dark — it was a new song. Unfortunately, I cannot remember what you titled it. I really liked it and I was hoping you would keep working on it for the solo album. Did any songs from the Fran & Andy tour end up on Wreckorder?

17. Sharon says:

Just saw on Keane’s website that you’re their opening act for their US tour! SO EXCITED! I’m more excited to see you than to see Keane! (But I do love Keane…)

18. Heather Anderson says:

Keane already announced it on their site. Looking forward to hearing new stuff!

19. samuraisandy says:

Great news, Fran! Happy Birthday to Clay!

20. Daniel Choi says:

I can’t wait for Wreckorder to come out!!! And Congrats to Clay on turning 4

21. Holly Small says:

Hi Fran,
    RE: #6 – I am very happy that you will be performing at the Greek Theatre with Keane and Ingrid Michaelson in July. I am a massive fan of both you and Keane. I’ve lived in Los Angeles since 1980, so if you want some tips about wonderful “off the beaten track” things to do, let me know.
    Holly

22. joss says:

Great news! I hope that new cd will be amazing!:)

23. Inge says:

Please Fran, will you sign this petition

That would be really nice of you! Thanks!

I’m very excited about your new album!

24. jocelyn says:

hello! fran!…how are you?…i cant wait to listen wreckorder!!!…are you going to come to mexico city??…HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLAY!!!…bye and take care =)

25. Gilberto Junior says:

Eu me sinto tão desapontado com tudo que você foi capaz de fazer.
    Você é uma pessoa genuínamente inocente e de uma inteligência capaz
    de se sobrepor as alegações infudadas durante todos esses anos.

Mas não,veio com um album fazendo brincadeiras de garoto de colegial.
    Choveu em Israel e tinha franceses no barco?
    Você sabe que a metereologia pode prever perfeitamente quando e aonde vai chover com a ajuda de uma forte pesquisa da Nasa,sabe?Talvez não.

Você apesar de ser uma pessoa de mente aberta,fez insitação aberta ao homofobismo que pouco afeta os grupos gays.Porém,você fala de alguém em algum lugar que não o conheçe pessoalmente,e desde já Never Ever By All Saints.

Cabelos grisalhos e uma infatilidade desmedida por desespero?O público parecia responder a isso com clamor.

O pequeno Clay fez 4 anos e ganhou presentes do PAPAi?Comovente e respeitável.
    Mas assim como Totti você será em caminhado ao seu devido lugar:no SEU caso,meu esquecimento e despreso como fã.

Chega,seja mais claro e direto:The Humpty Dumpty Song é sua,não minha.Eu tinha 14 anos e era pespicaz,maldoso,brasileiro-americanizado:porém eu tinha um coração verdadeiro…E você parece que não:porque fábrica de inocência é que nem Lego,faça você mesmo.
    Certo que no Reino Unido você deve andar com mais dívidas para pagar que meu irmão.

X.O.X.O

26. ranajeet says:

here’s and idea! come to india touring for wreckorder…. all these people asking about tours in the US and ireland and whatnot… Spared a thought for india? come here cause it might be my only chance to see you perform in person… youtube doesn’t give nearly enough satisfaction 😉