KEANE invited me to strip at the top of their show

11 May 2010

How could I refuse?

I managed to negotiate some acoustic songs in there too.

Tue 20 Jul 10  Fox Theatre (CA)
Wed 21 Jul 10 Greek Theatre (CA)
Fri 23 Jul 10 House of Blues Las Vegas
Sun 25 Jul 10 Warehouse Live HOUSTON
Mon 26 Jul 10 House of Blues (Dallas)
Wed 28 Jul 10 Chicago Theatre
Fri 30 Jul 10 Molson Amphitheatre TORONTO
Tue 3 Aug 10 Bank of America Pavilion Boston
Thu 5 Aug 10 Merriweather Post Pavilion COLUMBIA MD
Fri 6 Aug 10 Williamsburg Waterfront Brooklyn
Sat 7 Aug 10 Mann Music Center Philly
Tue 10 Aug 10 Riverside Theatre Milwaukee
Wed 11 Aug 10 First Avenue Minni

85 Responses to “KEANE invited me to strip at the top of their show”

1. J says:

So cool! I will go for sure to Brooklyn. Are you planning any wreckorder-surprise??
    We are anxiously waiting for it. Congrats

2. Gizelle says:

So happy to see that you’re coming to Houston! My then boyfriend (now hubby) and I once traveled all the way to Minnesota to see you because you weren’t playing a show in our city. This will be our fourth time to see you live. The third time we saw you, I was VERY pregnant and you made the whole audience jump to the beat. I nearly went into early labor, but it was totally worth it! Can’t WAIT!

3. Sarah says:

Why thank goodness! I was afraid the acoustic tour was all America was going to see of you for a while! At least now I have enough time to mark it on my calender because the last time it was during the semester and I couldn’t miss class… not that I would have gladly given a kidney to see it rather than be stuck in school!!! NY loves ya!!!

4. Lauren says:

This is great! I got tickets to the Boston MA show. Ticketmaster only has you listed on some dates- and not the Boston date. I hope you will actually be at that one!! I am so excited!

5. three hours says:

Hello Fran.
    This will sound totally weird but eh, what the hell…
    So… A few days ago Ronnie James Dio died. I got really upset. It is sad, we grew up with his music… I learned Black Sabbath from my father, Dio is a part of my childhood. My friends were upset too, one of them even cried, i have never seen him cry before…
    So these days I read and talk about how much everybody loved Dio, his music, and how everybody was excited to see him performing in Istanbul soon and now it wis never gonna happen… It got me thinking. Did Dio ever know how much he meant to us “fans”? Did we ever let him know…
    So well, here it comes (I’d rather say it now while everybody is fine and healthy!):
    Fran; Travis changed my life. It changed my own art. It changed the way i think about myself. I want to thank you for that. Not only do i love your music, I love you, i love Dougie, i love Neil, i love Andy. Your faces and voices have been around my life for about 10 years now, so you ARE a part of it. And you made it more bearable, even beautiful. I hope you will be around at least the next 50 years too! :)
    Thank you lads.
    Lots of love,
    S.

6. Geoff says:

Hi Fran. Any chance of playing Cleveland on the 29th ?

7. Gilberto Junior says:

Nossa quantos shows nos EUA?
    E perdendo meu ultimo Post aqui analizando.

Bem,sério?
    Você ou alguém da sua equipe entende bem português
    ou o blog tem regras de não postar em outra língua
    que não seja inglês.

Não se atreva nem por um segundo mais…!Leu bem agora?

8. Gabby says:

Oh I can’t wait!!!!

9. leti says:

Fran, are u going to do some shows without Keane? Please, answer!!!!

10. ranajeet says:

this is totally unrelated to your blog i know… i’m a big fan of keane too but they kinda fade next to travis… i’m from india and hardly anyone knows travis here… mostly because vh1 is the source of english music(i know you’re scottish), i mean english as in the language, and travis videos are hardly aired… i know this is ridiculous but i’m not familiar with the way your blog works… i don’t know if you do reply to comments.. i just have some stuff to say to you man… for me you’re the ultimate singer..i know it sounds cliched… and i have an opinion about Colder you might disagree with..sorry if this is ludicrous. atleast you’ll get a laugh out of it.. hope you hit back whichever way you do;if you actually do… strip on stage… take rice-oxley with you.

11. ErinM says:

No Seattle!??!?!?!? (Yes, another fan whining about not seeing you. A man requested by many!)

This show is going to be awesome, so sorry we will miss another one.

We need some Fran out west, pronto!
    Hope to see you or you and Travis out here some time in 2010.

12. anamiauu says:

Awesome! Fran i´m so happy for you, and i would like to see you in Mexico soon, we `ll be waiting for some news :)

13. Ryo K says:

Fran, Hello! It’s wonderfull. Do you plan to sing their songs in gig? I wish I could see the gig!

14. Swathi says:

post video here so we in India can get to see stripping rockstars…cause no one wants to come here…even if they do they dont wanna strip !!

15. Lauren says:

Hope you can slip in a solo show while in the Bay Area, California.

16. Jesus says:

Since you’re getting a new style you should change your name for “Franaked Healy”

17. sophia says:

do you also have plans for concerts in germany? would be so great!!!

18. Rich says:

Fran- please come to Denver/Boulder, CO! I see that Keane is playing the Mile High Festival in August. Maybe jump on that as well??!!!

19. Rachel says:

I AM SO EXCITED! As soon a I saw that Fran was opening the show we bought tickets for Oakland show. We are from beaumont alberta canada so we are coming a long way just to see you fran!!!!

20. Kev Mac says:

The strip is a bold move Fran but I like it. Just make sure you get your naked buns over to Ireland at some stage. Looking forward to hearing the new stuff.

21. Kassiopaia says:

Schade, dass ich kein Ami bin. Keane und du: Wow! :D

22. Awesome way to start the show. Secured our tickets last month…see you in Chicago! Your the man Fran!

23. Miriam de Búrca says:

hello franny, heady glasgow school of art days.. didn’t know how else to reach you, so i’m trying it this way. i hear you’ve become a dad, that’s flippin wonderful! otherwise i hope you’re well and happy, actually you seem disgracefully so, just how it should be. miriam xx

24. lulu says:

when are you going to tour by yourself??? can’t wait!

25. vik says:

I just wanted 2 inquire u about the toronto date… where can i book my tickets?

26. Nikki says:

Excited for you, Fran. I so wish I could be there. I was considering the Chicago show but my work schedule has made that impossible. :( Come back to Detroit soon!!! :)

27. Eli says:

Fran, only now I discover your blog! It’s never too late… I read the last posts in one breath, eager for news, and I find with pleasure the passion with which you write about music and life. Keep it up, you have my deepest admiration.
    In Italy I saw you twice with Travis and, needless to say, I can’t wait to see you live again!

Good luck to the summer tour. Keane + Fran = poetry

28. L says:

Crap. Every single one of the east coast dates I’ll be in a car driving the Pacific coast highway with the fiance. And every west/midwest date is before we leave. Bummer. Still….hope you have a awesome tour! Merriweather post pavillon is a FANTASTIC venue.

29. Tainara says:

<3 Travis
    <3 Keane

30. [...] playing dates across North America through the end of August, supporting fellow Brits Keane. Check his official site for the full list of [...]

31. Jorge says:

Greetings Fran!

I’m from Mexico, and you have a lot of fans here, you sould play here!

32. JLmart says:

Jorge’s right man, you’ve got a bunch of fans who truly love your music, you should pay us a visit over here in Mexico!!

33. Brandy says:

Can’t wait to see you tomorrow night in Houston!!!

34. Brandy says:

Also… Happy Belated Birthday.

35. Alana says:

Fran, absolutely stoked to see you play in Milwaukee with Keane tonight! Saw you at the Travis acoustic tour with Andy Dunlop last October, and I’m glad you’re returning to Wisconsin. Hope to see more gigs in Milwaukee… we promise you amazing beer and cheese!