Detox-y-z

30 July 2010

Visited Wholefoods this morning and bought some blueberries to put in these shakes that come with the detox kit and also some oregano oil to replace the gelatin capsules. Got some quinoa and brown rice with some brocolli and cauliflower and hummus too. Thank gosh for hummus. And for avocados. Jason, my tourmanager waited in the car outside. I made the shake in the trunk/boot but the adaptor for plug wasn’t strong enough to power the magic bullet shaker maker so I ran over to Starbucks and used their power. My first sip of detox shake was not so nice. There are 2 kinds of powder stuff and then you add almond milk and some blueberries. After a couple of sips it was ok.ย There are some supplements as well.

Lunch was fine. And then tonight in the hotel the shake tasted fine.

Day 1 impression – Feeling good. Hungry? No… but had to switch channels when all the junk food commercials came on. Then changed again when one of the doctors in a medical program said he was hungry and was going to eat. Hmm… maybe I’m a wee bit hungry.

11 Responses to “Detox-y-z”

1. Minnmess says:

Excited to see you in Toronto tomorrow, Fran! Hope your one full meal of the day gives you enough energy for the early set ๐Ÿ™‚

That “move” tub looks ominous, make sure you measure that one out correctly!! I’m glad to hear you are feeling good after day 1. You can do this. A good friend used to remind me, when I was following a diet to loose a few pounds, that the hunger was in my mind and not in my stomach. She was right, it’s about keeping focused on your goal. Keep it up Fran. x

3. maria says:

so you blend all those things?? really curious here.. doing a not mixing starch and protein thing myself (works wonders!!) – considering trying a detox..

4. isabel says:

hi fran you are going to be hungry just for another day or two – then you’ll start feeling vital and clear minded : ) … hang in there cheers

Are you feeling CLEAN ????

6. Sara says:

Hi Fran !!! ๐Ÿ™‚

What have you been eaten through the last weeks, that you need to drink these shakes now???? It can`t be because you want to become slimmer… because you are already.. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    What exactly will it do with your body? Can you explain it a little bit more?
    I’m just feeling -like you felt with Inception- :confused.. haha…
    ๐Ÿ˜‰

Best wishes!
    Alle Liebe
    Sara ๐Ÿ™‚

7. Amy Humphrey says:

We had homemade hummus in the car in Chicagoโ€ฆwould have been happy to pass some along for your drive! It kept us going on our journey to northern Michigan. That and homemade guacamole. Good luck with your detox!

8. Lila says:

Hi Frannie, you know those junk food commercials don’t make me hungry. They actually turn me off it. Have you ever read “Fast Food Nation” by Eric Schlosser or seen the film of the same name? I didn’t touch fast food for a long time after reading it. Hope the detox is still going well!
    Take care of yourself,
    ~Lila x

9. audrey says:

my best friend did this detox. she said she was rather unimpressed with the end results. its good to detox. i guess most people believe its for weight loss, but we should all take a break from the crap we eat daily.

hope youre well fran.

FH “DId she do it to lose weight? I’m doing it to clean out my gut”

10. audrey says:

she didnt do it to lose weight, she did it to get rid of all the crap in her body. it worked… but it wasnt as great as she had hoped. she said the shakes tasted like shit and that it was miserable towards the end being so starving. eventually her body became to recognize what was going on and stopped craving the food. very strange.
    FH ” Hmm… I’m not phased by the taste of the shakes. It’s a detox. I didn’t expect a McDonalds mikshake. And I’m enjoying eating healthily… I’m glad it worked for her.”

11. Kristen says:

Hi Fran, I did clean about 10 months ago, and think it is a great detox program. Although it was difficult at times, my body felt SO much healthier and fortified by the end. I never realized how much crappy food I was consuming until I tried to stick to the elimination diet. All in all I did lose about 10 lbs, but the best thing was that I was no longer having tummy aches and my skin was feeling much smoother!

I think you are allowed to use coconut milk too (I’d go for the light coconut milk because the regular stuff is a little too thick), or the unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Crazy that you are doing this while on tour, good luck!