Sad

27 July 2010

I struck up a myspace friendship with a cellist in new york back in 2007. He was sweet, very charming. We exchanged emails over the past 3 years and at some point I was gonna get him in to do some chops. I was psyched for him when he worked on the Viva La Vida song and even more psyched when he and his wife had their baby daughter. So we were sitting tonight in Dallas, chatting about Regina Spector’s cello player and I was saying how our agent Pete had told my manager Ian about it and how terrible it was for his family and then suddenly I realised it was Daniel. Just terrible. He leaves a wife and his little daughter behind. Anyways sad sad sad.

12 Responses to “Sad”

1. Dan says:

Saw Regina Spektor in Leeds last week and the band left a chair with music stand empty as a tribute.
    Sad news.

2. Danny says:

Oh my. I met Daniel once, though Regina. Had a great night in London, joking, drinking, getting people to buy us drinks. I met some great people that night, people I always hoped to keep in touch with. This is so sad to hear

3. Paul Saunders says:

I had seen him perform with Regina in Poland just about three days before it happened. It was a very sinister feeling as this news came several days after that show… Was hard to believe. Poor guy, poor family of his…

4. Ola says:

Yes, it’s terribly sad… I had a chance to see Regina Spektor’s gig a few days before his death, he was smiling all the time. Incredibly talented man and seemed like a great person. It was the saddest thing to hear about his sudden death.

5. Brenda says:

Thanks for coming to Dallas, and giving us a great show but I have a request, please bring Travis over!!! You guys are one of my favorite bands.

I’m sorry about your friend Fran.

7. Almond says:

I’ve always failed to understand why great and talented people die at so young age. I guess that’s just life and death, and most of the times they’re very complicated to understand. Damn, I hate when these kind of things happen! :o(

8. Katollie says:

I knew him as a correspondent for ESPN where he has been covering South Korea’s World Cup team. (http://blogs.soccernet.com/southkorea/) RIP

9. Meridith says:

This is so sad. Life is precious.

10. Ben says:

Very sad. I knew of him because i’m a big Regina Spektor fan. Very sad.

11. Excellent blog! I genuinely love how it’s easy on my eyes and the details are well written. I am wondering how I could be notified whenever a new post has been made. I have subscribed to your rss feed which ought to do the trick! Have a nice day!

12. […] all, there is a tribute concert for a friend of mine who was taken too soon. Ticket price is $35 but the money raised is going to his wife and baby […]