Toronto

30 July 2010

Just played a mini festival in Toronto. Was super cool.  I went walkabout earlier backstage looking for the Keane boys and found their dressing room  but they weren’t there so walked into another one as the swedish singer Robyn approached from the opposite direction, on the phone and looking at me funny. In the room there was a big set of make up laying on the table and as I stood trying to figure who in Keane wears make up I had a revelation. It was Robyn’s dressing room and she was walking past me still on the phone. I gestured “s-o-r-r-y” and got out fast. She was tiny. I like the Swedes. I miss Claes. Boo hooooo!!! Claes Claes Claes.. Where are youuuuu???

Tomorrow we are driving to Montreal. Home of Arcade Fire. They are headlining the festival we’re playing. Also on the bill are BEACH HOUSE. I’m super super excited. Can’t wait to hear that voice dissolve in the open air. I’ve got to calm down… Deep breaths hhhhuuuuuuhhhhh…

8 Responses to “Toronto”

1. Tanya says:

Hi Fran! I just saw your show in Toronto. It was fantastic, even with your banana fingers! Love your new songs. Can’t wait for the album and hope to see you again soon!

Tanya.

2. I’m holding this image of you gesturing “s-o-r-r-y” hahahaha

3. Paola says:

WOW! Arcade Fire! haha love them! I think they’re best album is “Funeral”, it’s pretty good, not better than Travis obviously haha just different… Fran, I’ve asked you all day long in twitter as paola_dcfc and you didn’t answer me back haha tour? Mexico? SOON? hahaha pleasee! btw, can’t stop hearing Buttercups, it’s pretty awesome, love the lyrics! have fun tomorrow in Montreal 🙂

4. Minnmess says:

Amazing show tonight Fran, as always! Safe travels to Montreal. I hope Canada is being good to you.
    I miss Claes too!

5. Elaina says:

Safe travels to Montreal today. It’s my birthday, so feel free to send me a shout out. Haha!

6. Charlene says:

Saw you yesterday in Toronto. It was a really great show (will I dare to say it was better than Keane… YES :D), but too short. I can’t wait to hear your new album. I hope you’ll come back to Toronto soon.

7. Saman says:

Damn, I missed your concert by 5 days! Please come back to Toronto? 🙂

8. SJ in LA says:

Haha… The “Claes” chant is one of my favorite parts from recent Travis shows. I love the Swedes, too. My best friend is a Swede – she moved there years ago – I miss having my resident Swede around. Incidentally, she’s pretty tiny as well.

I hope you’re back in LA to promote Wrecked Order!