Hello From Heathrow

26 August 2010

Hello people of 58 countries (according to my web stats) Today is supercool giveaway day. If you look over to the right, there is a lil widget which, when clicked, will give you the Track HOLIDAY absolutely FREEEEEE… This is the song that started the whole solo idea. Andy Dunlop plays on it… That’ll be those beautiful arpeggio guitar lines you hear in the background. Prolly the most Travissy out of all the songs because of this… so enjoy. Here is a picture of me in the fantastic T5 Executive CLub Lounge … Posh! Also E.T. came to say hello while I was sitting here…

49 Responses to “Hello From Heathrow”

1. damir says:

Hey fran congrats on the album, just wondering if the new album will be available on vinyl;)
    FH “If you look further down the page you will see me holding up a vinyl to my head…”

2. Sara says:

Wow. Okay… This is WONDERFUL! a free track!?? 😀 Fantastic! ..And it`s great you have sent personal words with your e- mail… nice… That`s the Mr. Healy we love 🙂

3. qiangjiadong says:

i can’t wait!!!!

4. Cristina from Sicily says:

Just want you to know that, as soon as Buttercup started, my 1st thought was “Yes! This is exactly what I had hoped you’d come out with!”
    So love it!

5. ssong says:

‘Holiday’ is so great, Fran!!!
    I’m listening to this song again and again..
    And E.T is so cute!
    Your hat and E.T’s hat are same haha 🙂

6. Great photos – and I’ve only just recieved the message from the Travis mailing list. Actually, I was wondering; is Andy playing with you on the rest of the wreckord? Thank you! -Ida

7. Sandy says:

thanks, fran!! i’m loving it!

8. Nancy says:

nothing to do but waiting!
    pity that I am gonna go to the US in November but not earlierrrrrrrrrr

btw, u reminded me of the elves in The Lord of the Rings in ur 1st pic, the ‘thing’ in the 2nd looks like it’s just stepped out of the Doctor Who set and collapsed…

9. merr says:

Fran, i appreciate for the free track, i’m from Türkiye and non of Travis albums do not reach here 🙁
    Today i wrote about your new album in ma blog, and translated Buttercups’s lyrics into Turkish to make ppl around here to know abt u
    But i want the real albuuuuuuumm Wreckorder 🙂 Pls do smt abt it till October

10. jomono says:

This is awesome! I think I’ve heard 3 or 4 tracks from the album now and they’ve all been really strong/great/awesome.

I really must get round to watching E.T, I still haven’t seen it! I think I’m a bit behind on my films… Anyhow, thanks for the freebie Holiday, it’s very melodic and I love it. Is arpeggio the name of the guitar or the name of the style of playing?
    FH “I almost hit you as SPAM for having not ever watched ET. Go and do it now”

12. Sarah, fran's biggest fan! =) says:

i love this song!!! i remember that you performed this with andy dunlop at the world live cafe! this song and 20 were some of my favorite songs from that night! =)

13. Carrie says:

Thank you! I can’t wait for the album release!

14. SamantaG says:

It was great having you over this continent 😛 – I got to see you in Houston, TX ( w/Keane) can’t wait for your solo album….Loving “Holiday” !!
    Haha ET, nice one…was he bumping into the furniture or something? it surely looks like it hahah
    cheers from Monterrey, Mexico.

15. Paola says:

OMG thanksss for the song!! BTW Fran I was wondering the Fran Healy that is on Facebook is it you? or is a fake acount?

16. Juli says:

Mmm, Fran? I downloaded Holiday but it breaks in the end (minute 3:13). So now I wanted to try downloading it again and it’s gone. 🙁

17. Juli says:

Sorry, nevermind. The download thingy reappeared and I downloaded it again and this one works 100%. 😀
    (Sorry and thank you! :P)

18. maria says:

LOL amazing E.T.!! must have been quite a giggle! 😀 (you must’ve been sooooo bored!)

19. Sarah, fran's biggest fan! =) says:

where i can find the link to this amazing bundle?

20. elham says:

Thanks for the free song…!
    now it’s not illegal;D
    God bless you!!!
    congratulatoin for your new Facebook page!

21. Mili says:

Thank you so much for the song!!! It’s lovely.
    This must be the first time ever I’m actually looking forward to October ;^)

Welcome back to Europe! How about a gig in Helsinki, since you’re so close now?

22. isabel says:

thank you it’s a great track ! so … what exactly was ET doing while you took that pic?

23. Eliza says:

Wahooo!!! thanks a lot for the free song! 🙂

24. Lila says:

Thanks for “Holiday”! Reminds me of “Sing” during the Invisible Band days. Good Stuff! Now all I need is a real holiday Fran! Any suggestions?
    cheers
    Lila x
    p.s. E.T. looks kinda depressed.

25. hennypenny says:

Be Good.

26. kimmouse says:

Thank you for the download! I’m listening right now. 🙂

27. Javier says:

Hey Fran, Well i have to say WOW . Id already heard the fist version of Holiday taht you post on the site a couple of months ago and i like it Very much but from the looks of it and as i recall syou say so yourself it was just a demo but this time you give us Holiday for Real and sounds Great Andys guitar give it a whole new sound and even you sound even more amazing on this full version ^_^

Congratulations on the Album Fran i whis you the best in this project, can´t way to have this album in my hand

Oh and one more thing Fran are you putting some extra tracks in the album like in the Man who and 12 memories?

28. Hugo says:

hey fran, is the poster included on the vinyl only available on the one that hasawebstore is selling? Or is it available on every copy no matter were we buy it?
    FH “I will ask…”

29. Javier says:

Hey Fran, Well i have to say WOW . Id already heard the fist version of Holiday that you post on the site a couple of months ago and i like it Very much but from the looks of it and as i recall you say so yourself, it was just a demo but this time you give us Holiday for Real and sounds Grea,t Andys guitar give it a whole new sound and even you sound even more amazing on this full version ^_^

Congratulations on the Album Fran i whis you the best in this project, can´t wait to have this album in my hand

30. Javier says:

Hey Fran its me again im so excited for this Album that i forgot to ask you something Really important, do you know if the Album will be sell in Mexio, or should i Preorder From Amazon?

31. tiffanie says:

Representing France (1 of the 58 countries)

BONJOUR FRANCIS!

32. Derek says:

hahaha, the pic on right reminds me of “Pauls adventure on the floor”, from The Beatles film “Help”.

33. yamilka says:

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU FRAN!!!!! I love this track! this made my day you sooo rock!

34. Celeste says:

Loving the new track. I think I recognize it from your Fran Healy x Andy Dunlop tour, am I right? I can’t wait to buy the album. <3

35. Brandon says:

Fran! Thank you so much for whetting our appetites with an mp3! LOVED your performance at Oshaega. So intimate with your encouragement of us all to remain in the criss-cross applesauce position. Unforgettable!! In addition, I am very pleased to have the opportunity to add yet another chapter of your songwriting in my collection of vinyl. Will you be offering the record through your website? Cheers! Brandon from Vermont.

36. christine says:

aww, i love E.T.! my boyfriend and i were elliot and gertie for halloween last year.. haha. picture here.

37. Cynthia says:

Goodness, what a treat to hear the “Wreckorder” version of “Holiday.” I had the pleasure of hearing it live first on the “Frandy” tour, and then with repeated listens on the bootleg CD. I just listened to the freebie download and it’s like watching a child grow up and mature and become a fine young adult. . . only audibly instead of physically. Very cool to hear the evolution of the live version to the studio one, instead of experiencing it the other way around.

38. Amy says:

woohoo free stuuuuuuuuffffffff
    awesome song.

39. Noel Kang says:

You ARE SOOO GENTLE MR.FRANNY!!

40. 3 says:

Gracie!
    Dreaming of holiday. <3
    So posh Frannie, you look good. 🙂

41. pavlos says:

nice song fran! can not wait for the album!

also θέλω διακοπές θέλω διακοπές γαμώτοοοοοοοοοοοοοο

42. Luke says:

ET has been on the booze again…

43. Amy Humphrey says:

Geez, that IS posh! When we flew into Heathrow to play some shows a few years back we got shunted to a nearby hard bench for an ETERNITY while they sorted through our papers and permits. Everyone going through immigration filed by us, looking at us like we might have an explosive up our sleeves. Maybe NEXT time we go over to play we’ll get the royal treatment… 😉

44. Pat McKenna says:

I have to say, i love that holiday track

play ireland

Pat

45. Ercia Katlovich says:

Ahaha! This is a phuquing ‘Score!’ moment.

Double thanks times twelve :]

Nice Haircut by the by 😀

46. joss says:

This little “man” looks like Paddington 😀

47. Carole says:

Cant wait to hear new album, love the pics too!!!

48. /\ says:

Great, thank you!…I realized Ive got shoes like those on E.T. pic, love them!!