STORNOWAY

22 September 2010

I saw a fantastic new band last night in Berlin at Magnet. They are called Stornoway. This particular song is quite perfect. Like a life manual crammed into a song.

19 Responses to “STORNOWAY”

1. Pat says:

I watched that performance when it aired. Great song!

2. Mili says:

I found the band some time ago (thanks, Lilly!), and like their album. Are they good live?

FH “Great live”

3. Kelly says:

I just “discovered” them this past weekend thanks to a rec from Paste Magazine. Immediately downloaded the album. Zorbing was the first one I heard…gave me chills! And the lead singer has a PhD in Ornithology from Oxford with a special focus on ducks. Rock on!!!!!!!!!

4. Matthew says:

Going to see them on thier winter UK tour, Can’t wait!

5. Sandra says:

this reminds me of seeing Travis for the first time on Jools (The Man Who)…it was indescribable connection with the music, audience, me….thanks…

Doesn’t he have a unique voice? The song is, as you said, quite perfect, I liked it a lot.

7. Brian says:

Love this band! “Zorbing” is also a brilliant tune. They’re albums great.

8. Javier says:

Some how it reminds me of 20, dont you think Fran?

9. Stephy says:

Very very nice song, thanks for sharing!

10. munge says:

If you gon’ whip an old wallet, Aztec Camera is choice…

11. Douglas says:

Great one! Fran, do you know brazilian music? You would like some artists…

12. toadthewetsprocket says:

@douglas…
    tell us some bands !
    stornoway…i don´t know…this is not the kind of
    voice that i like…

13. jocelyn says:

thank you fran!! i listen the song and i love it!!!! now is my favorite song!!…buttercups too!! =D

14. Kirstin says:

I downloaded their album after listening to this song, very good! Thanks for the recommendation Fran!

15. r. tidd says:

Mr Healy, would you consider writing up a playlist? I loved your choices of music from your blog and my iPod needs songs as its’ life-blood. You don’t want my iPod to die, do you?

16. Sara says:

Oooh! I’ve never heard of that band! They sound very good! 🙂 Thank you for the video! Very interesting.. 🙂 *good night*

17. Iraida says:

I am from Chile and very much in love with them for a year or so!

18. Kelly says:

Stornoway are coming to DC 2 days after you play Annapolis, Fran. It’s too bad you couldn’t all hook up somehow because your music would mesh well. I’ll be going to both shows, nevertheless!

19. Kelly says:

OK, so I had just about the perfect weekend. Fran, I saw you on Friday night in Annapolis and it was top-notch. Then, on Sunday, we caught Stornoway in DC. I think you agree with me that they are something special. I told my husband that in a couple of years they’ll be headlining Glastonbury and we’ll be like, “Oh yeah, we saw them at the Black Cat with about 100 people.” Oh, and sandwiched in between, my Sumner turned 13. The upcoming weekend is going to seem so blah…