EUROPA

7 March 2011

Hey Europa, thanks for a great tour. Special thanks to Italy who waited for 7 years for a visit, to People Place in Amsterdam for being the most attractive venue, Barcelona and Berlin for the wildest audiences and everyone who came to all of these shows. Also to Foley who was a trooper doing support and sound!!!
Looking forward to Japan, South Korea aaaaand Taiwan starting on the 12th…
BUT FIRST there is the large matter of Clay’s 5th birthday on the 10th.

33 Responses to “EUROPA”

1. Gudrun says:

Haha, and Szene Wien was probably the seediest venue you played on that tour!
    Hope you got your guitar back! And yes, Foley was great, especially after he took his shirt off, LOL! Thanks for playing such a great set with such a jetlag in your brain and body!

2. julietravisaddict says:

Thank YOU Fran for the great great show in Paris, we had a wonderful time listening to your performance and stories, and we also had a nice time meeting up again all the boardies. We want you back soon!

3. Sarah- says:

fraaaaan!! i had so much fun in vienna and berlin! the string section at the second gig took me completely by surprise, it sounded ace! you must have been tired in vienna after the long flight back from LA and the guitar chaos, therefore i was really impressed you still managed to pull off a brilliant performance. vienna seriously was one of the best (if not the best) gigs i’ve ever attended, and i’ve seen loads of concerts. i keep telling people how great it was, hehe. foley was excellent, too! have a fantastic time with your family, hope you enjoy fasching today πŸ™‚ liebe grüße and DANKE for two amazing shows!! xx

4. Mili says:

Europe thanks you! :^)

Have a good, even though it’s shortish, break and enjoy Fasching. Also, Happy Birthday to Clay!

5. Kelly says:

Will you be back in Berlin at the end of the month? Would love to run into you at the Neue Nationalgalerie for the Apparatjik (Magne Furuholmen/Guy Berryman/Jonas Bjerre/Martin Terefe) installation/concerts.

6. Jennifer says:

Hey, it was our pleasure πŸ˜‰

Glad you had fun. We very much enjoyed your company too. Enjoy little Clay’s birthday and please don’t leave it too long before you come back and see us again. In the meantime, hopefully all these new experiences will inspire you to write even more wonderful music. πŸ˜€
    Best wishes until the next time, Debbie x

8. Hiromi Gallagher says:

I can’t wait to see you in Japan, Fran!!!!!
    And happy birthday to Clay!
    Hope you have a brilliant one πŸ˜‰

9. Maria says:

i had tickets for your show in Cph.. was supposed to go with my mom to see you in vega. i haven’t missed one of your concerts here for the past ten years.. well.. there was that roskilde gig i never got to see…. but.. then i missed the one last night too…
    blasted flu got the best of me and my mommy …. so, i spammed my facebook wall with a whole bunch of your songs.
    i cant wait to get a chance to see you live again. you really are amazing πŸ™‚

happy bday clay πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜€

and have a great tour of asia Fran

10. Camille says:

Hey Fran!
    Thanks a lot for a brilliant concert in Copenhagen last night! It is so nice to know that whether you’re with Travis or solo, you’ll take us somewhere else where the winter is over, the music is good, the stories are entertaining and cool (you know you’ve made when Paul McCartney asks for your autograph), and you feel amongst friends.
    Also thanks for finishing with “Why Does It Always Rain On Me”, it holds a very special place in my heart (and not only because I live in Copenhagen).
    And special mention to Foley: he was great and we wanted more songs form him! πŸ˜‰

11. Sonia says:

Madrid’s one was probably the worst venue and people were really quiet. I wanted to scream but everyone was just so low…
    Plus you had to put up with the whole lights thing. i’m sorry but I really enjoyed the concert and your speeches were awesome.

Happy birthday to Clay!!!

12. Ulrikke says:

Hey Fran, I was at the Copenhagen gig yesterday. It completely blew me away, if in a quiet sort of a way. Such a fantastic night in every way. Just – words fail me here. So THANK YOU, Fran, for doing this. For being such an open, charming and fun person. It means just as much as the music. Thank you.

And an early Happy Birthday to little, Clay. πŸ™‚

13. MK says:

Hey Fran,
    Berlin was a great evening with friends. After 2 years without you live it was a great surprise to see you so chilled, funny and cool. You sang Rocking chair so clear and moving.
    But sorry I didnt understand what you answered when I was wishing Humpty Dumpty in the end. IΒ΄ve got a notion that the wishlist at the end was not really real.. Maybe I do you wrong?
    Anyway, this was the best evening for a long time and I want to thank you and the team for that.
    IΒ΄m sorry that I kept you at the entry, I didnt want to disturb you.
    Thanks, Fran, for the best show IΒ΄ve been for so long.

14. Hia says:

Thank you Fran! I hope we’ll see your talent and loveliness again before not too long. With or without the band. I took a friend to the paris gig, she doesn’t know much about you/tavis but thought you were great and said you seemed like a really nice person

15. Willem says:

I was there, in Amsterdam’s people’s place. It was fun, it was nice and it was very good. The first few songs were a bit disturbed by talking people, strange..you come to see Mr. Healy and you keep on talking… But suddenly they were silent :)… Thanks MR. Healy for a brilliant evening. Nice stories and beautiful music. Dear Mr. Healy don’t hesitate to visit Holland again.. I will be attending that visit.
    And happy birthday to your sun.

16. MΓ©lanie says:

Hey Fran !
    Your concert in Paris was amazing! I hope that you had the same pleasure to play than we to listen to you, your beautiful Gibson from 1963’s and all your great stories. That wasn’t just a gig, that was a kind of a meeting between old friends who had not seen each other for a long time. Thank you Fran for all that you shared with us this evening!
    And thank you again to have played Buttercups before leaving (I was the one who reminded you playing it – sorry about that, you certainly had to have no more voice after that!). Shame that afterwards you didn’t have much time for talking with us but hope you had a safe trip home and hope to see you soon!

Take care,
    MΓ©lanie

17. Elsa skelter says:

thank you sooo much for being in italy!!! all the best wishes to you and your family!! happy b-day to Clay!!! ^______^

18. Sue says:

I agree ! It was our pleasure. πŸ™‚ Paris was enchanting . You must be a teeny weeny bit tired Fran but NOONE would ever kmow that , such is your professionalism. Your the best , every time and these fond memories you leave us with are etched forever . Thanks Fran .( Don’t eat all the jellies!)

19. tammi says:

Enjoy Clay’s birthday, hope he has a great day. Treasure him – they grow so fast

20. Hey Fran, thanks for the show in Vienna! This was the first time I’ve seen you live and you are the most brilliant musician ever! πŸ™‚ I can’t wait to see you again, hope you come back soon with Travis to Vienna (or even to Hungary)! Thanks for everything!
    And happy birthday to Clay!
    Kisses from Budapest! πŸ™‚

21. FOUINE-DEMON says:

Hey today is a very special day: Happy birthday Clay !!! I wish I could be 5 again and blow out my candles in one attempt….

22. Jay Parker says:

Happy Birthday to Clay! Guess he’s having a great party right now πŸ™‚

23. Tara says:

Thanks for the awesome show in Paris! πŸ˜€ It was sooooooooooo great! And it was so nice to meet you after, thanks for taking the time πŸ™‚

And, Happy Birthday to Clay!

24. James Butler says:

What have you bought him?

highly recommend this:

Children in our day nursery our obsessed with it

James

25. Nic says:

Tunnel was a brilliant performance, fabulous night…Thanks Fran ….Ps,Caught up with the Tom Yorke vid, you were right! πŸ™‚ xx

26. Helle says:

Thank you so much Fran for the amazing concert in Copenhagen!
    I love all your songs, and your funny stories!
    Please come back soon!
    – My thoughts goes to all your japanies fans.

27. sara spain says:

Thanks fran! you rock!

28. Fred says:

Will I ever see you here in Brazil?
    I think Rock in Rio festival this year would be the perfect opportunity for you to come!

29. franhealy says:

He got this on his third birthday. Still played with regularly.

30. dani says:

zurich was wonderful as well. many many flowers in the window πŸ˜‰

31. mario says:

when coming to Colombia?, twice times in peru and not one to Colombia, I hope to have the opportunity to see here someday

32. Cristina says:

Milan gig, feb 2011!

sorry for delay, meant to write earlier. that night at tunnel in milan was just delicious!
    exactly what we needed!! i was a few months pregnant and sara is now 9 months old and gorgeous!
    i was proud to be at your gig with her. i will try to follow your musical path as much as i can. love your sound so much, do continue like this.
    grazie:)

cris&sara

33. franhealy says:

Congratulations with sara. Thanks for being lovely x